Monday, August 5, 2013

Nigeria

I say Nigeria with a huge sigh... It seems like every time I turn on the news, there is something awful happening back home. It has gotten to the point where at least 1 out of 5 people I meet for the first time launch into the woes of Nigeria once they find out I'm Nigerian; they ask if I'm from the North, if I'm aware of the corruption, if I will move back to Nigeria, if I'm scared of going home, and the questions go on!
As a Nigerian in diaspora, all I can do is pray, educate myself, and work hard knowing that one day, the present and future of Nigeria will be in the hands of my generation. It is a heavy burden and responsibility to carry but God will see us through.  
                                                                   
Long Live Nigeria, may your former glory be restored!

National Anthem

Arise O Compatriots
Nigeria's call obey
To serve our Fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labour of our heroes past
Shall never be in vain
To serve with heart and might
One nation bound in freedom, peace and unity

O God of creation

Direct our noble cause
Guide thou our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation where peace
And justice shall reign

The Pledge

I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal, and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity, and uphold her honor and glory,
So help me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment