Sunday, October 13, 2013

The United Kingdom

Yes, I'm in the UK and this is my first time in England. It has been quite a journey but I am well settled in now.
One of the things I want to write about is how grateful I am for is emotional wellness and stability; it is something we almost never pay attention to, and something we overlook. To be well emotionally and mentally is a blessing I will never take for granted again. As a Nigerian, there are some mental disorders, degenerative diseases, and other medical conditions I've only heard of, or seen on television; BUT actually seeing people live with those conditions is really hard for me to take in.
I saw a woman with Tourette's Syndrome three weeks ago and it broke my heart, I was also told that a dear old lady I met here might have Alzheimer's disease, and I don't know if I could take the thought of her not remembering me someday. 
I need a lot of money to pay off school debt and some other bills but I refuse to let that hold me back, and I trust that God will take care of me.
Live your life one day at a time, but live life remembering that we shouldn't put off till tomorrow what we can do today because we don't know for sure what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment